Finding the perfect Wedding Photographer can be a difficult task. There are so many questions to ask, and sometimes it feels like you need a degree in photography just to understand what they are telling you. But if you know what questions to ask, it doesn’t have to be as tricky as it first appears. Here’s how I recommend that brides who are old enough to get married should find the perfect Photographer for their wedding day.
1) Be specific! It is very easy when searching for wedding photographer listings online for your search criteria to bring back hundreds of results – but just because someone includes “wedding” or “photographer” in their title doesn’t mean they will be perfect for you. Be specific in your search about the style of wedding photography you like best, such as candid, reportage (documentary), creative/fashion, vintage, etc. Also include preferred best wedding photographers Toronto experiences and qualifications.
2) Location! I cannot tell you how many brides have contacted me to shoot their wedding only to let me know that it’s not even in my city or province! Make sure that you double check that your Photographer is available for the location of your event. Some cities are close together but still require an overnight stay – this has cause problems for more than one Photographer who may not be able to attend since they are already booked on another job the next day. So make sure you are very clear on Photographer availability before you book them.
3) Photographer experience. Photographer experience varies greatly from Photographer to Photographer – for some having 20 years of photography business will mean that they are more established, have a bigger portfolio and are able to handle the pressures of your wedding day with ease… but for others it’s possible they haven’t even done 10 weddings! Make sure you find out about Photographer experience before making any decisions.
4) Wedding Venues. Some Photographers know all of the best spots in their city or province for unique photo opportunities, while others may not be as familiar with your area so you might need to give them some guidance on where to take photos. So it is important that you ask the best wedding photographer Toronto what venues they are familiar with in order to ensure that you get the best photos possible.
5) Photographer prices. Photographer prices vary greatly depending on many factors, but usually the more professional Photographer’s pricing will include certain things like an engagement session, unlimited hours of coverage, album cover design and layout, etc… But Photographer prices could be very different for your wedding day – if you want them to travel somewhere else for example; it will increase their fee because they would need to factor in transportation costs (gas or airfare), plus hotel room(s) since they may be putting their own home on hold while gone. So keep this in mind when considering Photographer pricing!